Sunday, January 1, 2012

Chunky Monkey

So, let's talk about weight for a second.

This being the New Year and all, I'm sure there are roughly 50 million people or more who have made the resolution to lose weight in 2012.

Initially, I wasn't going to.

And then I started looking through my pictures on my computer. 
Mainly I was organizing them, putting them in their own anal retentive neat little folders, and getting nostalgic over the pictures from the last couple years that I haven't looked at in a while.

That's when I saw this:


That's me. Age 18. Two years after having Lainie, two years before having Jack.
Wanna guess what I weighed?
118.
I'm 5'6". My ideal weight is supposed to be around 130. Before having Jack, I had only reached 130 during my pregnancy with Lainie. I'm not saying that I was at a healthy weight prior to having Jack, I'm just saying what my weight was.

And then, I found this picture:


That's me, on Lainie's birthday last year, weighing....brace yourself...167 lbs.
Maybe it's a terrible camera angle, or an unflattering shirt, but I think it's mostly that I was weighing 37 lbs more than I ever did at my heaviest, and that much weight just does not look good on my frame.
{And just so you know, it was NOT easy to post this picture online}

I've lost some weight since that picture was taken, but not enough.
I still weigh about 155-160 {I tend to fluctuate somewhere in that range} and I want to lose roughly 20-30 lbs.
The maddening part of all of this, is that I weigh now what I weighed when I gave BIRTH to Jackson. Theoretically, shouldn't I weigh at least 7 lbs 8 oz. less??!! 
But I don't.

Bill wants to lose weight too, and there was some vague mention of a trip to Hawaii if we both reach our goal weights.
Talk about freakin motivation.

So, in the end, the point of all of this is that if you're trying, hoping, wanting, struggling to lose weight, you're not alone. If you're a mommy who never lost your baby weight, you're not alone. If you cringe when you look at pictures of yourself, or if you're just fucking uncomfortable all the damn time with the extra weight you're carrying, you're not alone.

Let's lose weight together.
Even if it's just in spirit.
Let's get healthier and look hotter and feel better, and do it together.







1 comment: