Friday, May 20, 2011

It's Friday! It's Friday! It's FINALLY FRIDAY!

IT'S FRIDAY! It's finally Friday! I have been looking forward to this ALL WEEK.
It's finally here. After a long, hard and slightly insane week, it is finally Friday, and do you know what that means?! It means I'm FREE! Both the kids will be gone ALL WEEKEND! Like until Sunday! I don't have to wipe anyone's butt, I don't have to make anyone snacks that they won't eat, I don't have to watch even a single episode of Dragon Tails, or Blues Clues, or Rugrats, or anything.

I CAN PEE BY MYSELF!

I am really looking forward to using the bathroom by myself. Seriously. You don't realize what a luxury that is until you've either had children or been to Prison. Either way, as soon as that basic human right is taken from you, you realize how lucky you were all those years before when you could close the door, and be alone with your thoughts, possibly a magazine, for a whole minute while you peed. I. Cant. Wait.

Here is a list of things I am looking forward to doing this weekend with my freedom:

  • Going to Starbucks and not hearing a 3 year old whine and beg for my coffee.
  • Listening to real music in the car. Loudly.
  • Using the bathroom alone. Duh.
  • Sleeping without a 3 year old in my bed, elbowing, kneeing and toe digging into my ribs
  • Waking up because I'm done sleeping, not because a child decided for me that I was done, and I needed to make him peanut butter toast and turn the TV on. NOW!
  • Seeing The Hangover II with Batman, and kissing him through the entire movie :)
  • Having time to shower, do my hair, put makeup on and feel pretty before going anywhere, because I only have to dress myself, not the kids first, then myself in whatever time is left over.
  • Wine! Boxed wine, bottled wine, red wine, white wine, I don't effing care! Wine!
  • Leaving the house and having adult conversations, not reffing sibling fights like this is the baby UFC.
Don't get me wrong, I love my kids. More than anything. I endured a total of 32 hours of natural, drug free labor to bring the two of them into the world. I sacrifice for them constantly. I love them dearly and wouldn't trade them for anything. But some time to myself? HELL YES. A whole weekend of time to myself? Oh, even YESSER!

To those of you who do not have kids yet, savor this time in your life. Relish it, and enjoy the little things. Like silence as you stroll the grocery store isles by yourself, with no one asking for candy and toys the entire time. Enjoy eating something without a bunch of little terrorists asking for a bite or for another snack even though they didn't eat the last 3 you made for them. Enjoy sex in the middle of the day, sleeping on Saturday and having 2 hours to get ready to go out if you want it.

But for now, this Mama is OUT! It is FRIDAY, and I am so furking ready! Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment