Monday, May 9, 2011

Roll with the sucker punches, right?


So, just when you think you have your schmidt all together, and in a neat little package and you know what's going on, and stuff has calmed down, and blah blah blah, The Universe, being the permanently PMSing and bipolar little snitch she is, decides to send you a sucker punch right the back of the head. Usually while you're simultaneously sneezing, because that makes you look stupider and possibly bite your tongue. Ouch.
Some of you may remember, and most of you probably don't care, that I had mentioned my kid's daycare assistance being cancelled due to governmental budget cuts, and that pretty much leaving me with the option to either become a stripper, or start selling crack. I know very little about selling crack, and my kids didn't leave my body in a condition that really makes stripping an option, so I was becoming quite frantic.
Low and behold, just as my anxiety level was breaching Code Xanax, an option presented itself, and while it's not by any means a perfect solution, or an affordable one, but very probably my only option, so I'm rolling with it and hoping for the best.
In the mean time, I need more ways to support myself and these little juice box addicts that live in my house. I wish right now that I was one of those hip, scenester people that don't really have a job, more like 1858930285767 different random ways of generating income, which all add up to a decent living. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them, as long as they're legal, don't require childcare, and I can keep my clothes on during the duration of the job.

In the meantime, just another day in the life of a single mom with two ass hat ex's, two awesome kids, a couple really frickin amazing friends and one crazy life. Time to force a bendy straw into a huge box of wine and get ready for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment