Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Guest Post!

Tumblr_lrjgb2vltr1qcdo1so1_500_large

Today I bring to you, a guest post from none other, than Batman himself.
Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Bill Becker...



Today's post...brought to you by the letter T and the word "Trust"
 
Sarah asked me to submit a guest post this week. At first, I felt like I shouldn't....like it would somehow taint her blog which I've always seen as her pure, unadulterated thoughts and feelings. After a while, though, I realized that it was ok. In fact, it made me feel pretty special. This was different. It was Sarah reaching out and asking me to step inside, and even become a part of, one of the most private parts of her life. It sums up what has changed in our relationship.
 
    We spent the last couple years as friends
        ...and sometimes more than friends.
 
    We always tried to be there for each other
        ...and we usually were.
 
    We always tried to make each other laugh
        ...and we usually did.
 
But we never let each other in.
     Not really anyway. Not like we needed to.
 
We never trusted each other see, to know and to accept the deepest, most private parts of who we are. It's not suprising, I dont think very many people ever do. Most of us wear a mask around our friends, coworkers our family and even our lovers. We keep a piece of us hidden inside just for ourselves. Because of this, though, Sarah and I were never able to find the relationship we both wanted...the one that was "more than ordinary." So we parted ways. 
 
Something happened this time, though. Well, alot has happened. In fact, so much has happened in the last couple months that I think it would have completely shattered the trust in most relationships. For us, though, it was the opposite. It forced each of us to make a choice. We either had to go "all in" or we had to walk away for good. Neither of us knew which way things would go when this was all happening...but in the end we decided that we needed to break down the walls, bare our souls and trust each other. Forgive each other. Love each other like we never have loved before.
 
So are you wondering how things turned out?
 
Well...lets just say that every morning I wake up and smile. I know we are home now. Right where we belong.


{Editor's note: I would just like to say that I was in freaking tears when Bill sent this to me. The Bill I knew during the last two "complicated" years, never would've written anything like this for me. -Sarah}



No comments:

Post a Comment