Tuesday, March 27, 2012

2012 Photo Challenge Week Eleven: Read


Right now I'm re-reading "I Know This Much Is True" by Wally Lamb.
I think I've read this book 3 or 4 times now, and every couple years I find myself picking it back up again. I'm like that with my absolute favorite books. I've read White Oleander by Janet Fitch so many times I could probably recite certain chapter by heart. Back Roads by Tawnie Odelle was read and re-read and re-read again.
When a book truly moves me I can't resist slipping back into the wonderful world of that story just one more time. Rewatching that movie that a good book plays for you in your head. The move that only true book lovers can see, where all the characters look just right, and you can feel the words on the page, not just see them.
And you always put yourself in the book somewhere, don't you?
Try to find that one character that you can identify with one some level? That one who is like an external manifestation of some part of your personality, so well in fact that you start imagining them almost looking like you. And then it really is your story. Your world that you can go back and visit over and over again.
Books are just a magical thing, if you ask me.





No comments:

Post a Comment