Friday, March 1, 2013

The Friday Diary: Give me all your luck. And chocolate.

Pinned Image

1. I really want to turn my backyard into a mega-garden. I have the strangest urge-no, NEED, to grow things. To dig in fresh soil and put tomatoes on the table that came from our backyard. I don't know what's come over me, as I've never really had a desire to garden before, ever! but I've caught the fever and I can't wait to get started. I'm going to get all my supplies this weekend and start some seeds in my house so I can move them outside right on time. My goal is to grow tomatoes, bell peppers, zuchini basil, maybe asparagus and definitely watermelon. Wish me luck.

2. It's a new month today, which means tackling a new goal: making my house a home. I know I can't beautify my WHOLE house in one month. That's expensive and unrealistic. But I would like to do at least two rooms inside the house, and do something with the backyard. See garden talk above. I'm super excited and completely scared because I have good taste, but no idea how to pull it all together into a well decorated and set up home. My fear is that my house will end up looking like a Vegas show girl turned hooker when I'm done with it. Wish me more luck.

3. There are officially two months left in Lainie's school year, which means summer is almost here, which means many things this year: my seasonal affective disorder coming back, daycare being 100 times more expensive, and Jackson being that much closer to starting school. I'm trying to be positive and make the best of all of it, but I'm nervous and a little sad and I don't want Jackson to turn five.

4. Have you heard the new song "Stay" by Rihanna? Because that ish has been playing in my car on the reg, and I can't get enough of it. The piano, her voice {she actually sings in this song instead of scream/raps and her voice is strong and beautiful} and the lyrics. They just kill me.

5. One of my favorite co-workers is leaving our company in exactly two weeks from today. I'm so sad to see her go, but she's moving to DC which also makes me incredibly jealous. I never thought I'd get so attached to the people I work with. But I guess it's like being in a foxhole with a bunch of other soldiers: there's no way to come out of that without being best friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment