Tuesday, April 16, 2013

How I'm Doing With My No Spend Month {Or: Why I shouldn't be allowed to set my own goals}

Tumblr_mhx5v99sfn1r6pdsmo1_1280_large

So it's now a little more than halfway through April, and I'm just going to go ahead and declare this month's goal an epic failure. 
I did well for the first 4 days, and then it was all down hill from there, due to two bottles of wine and a little too much Destiny's Child. 
Also, the kids got lice and I spent upwards of $100 taking care of that, and after 3 days of washing kids hair, re-washing every single cloth item you own and vacuuming furniture, who's NOT going to order Chinese food??
I did give it an honest try though, and I applaud myself for the effort {because I'm narcissistic that way}.
I'm going to keep trying for the rest of the month, but I'm not really expecting great things from myself at this point. 
Maybe a month of NOSPENDINGANYTHINGATALL is too drastic for me, but I could probably do better at setting boundaries for myself. 
Like maybe only eating out once a week, instead of whenever the hell I feel like it. Or bringing my lunch to work every day instead of going out with co-workers. Starbucks will forever be my Everest, but I could probably do better at that too. Like maybe only going to Starbucks on Saturday mornings before I run errands, or as a reward for completing my errands, or when I'm extremely hung over. 
Oh for fucks sake, let's be honest. All of the above. 

1 comment:

  1. Realistic goals are good - not only because they're attainable but because they are actually challenging but able to be overcome!

    ReplyDelete