Thursday, June 5, 2014

Throwback Thursday


Throwback to 2005, when Lucia and I had just turned 18.
I had my own apartment, she had her own vehicle, we both had a new-found sense of independence and freedom, and the idea that we were ultimate bad-asses. 
Which we totally were.
I mean, look at those belt buckles, ok? Mine is a FLASK. A real one! You could take it out of the buckle and drink out of it! 
Which I made people do pretty regularly.
Back then we had one kid between the two of us instead of three, way more disposable income, jobs where we started work in the late afternoon, and plenty of friends to buy us booze.
Life was pretty much the shit.

At some point we both decided to find boyfriends and "fall in love" and "grow up" or whatever, and pretty much ruined everything.

I mean, don't get me wrong, we have Jackson and Ryder now, and we're way more mature, and much more responsible with our money, and don't abuse our poor little livers nearly as much, but sometimes I do miss staying up until 4 am just to get the very first Hotzie sandwiches they put out at QT, or driving around all night interpretive dancing to all our favorite songs, or still being cute - and thin - enough to flirt my way into getting a guy to buy us booze with his ID. As tumultuous and wild and reckless as we were capable of being back then, we were still a damn good time. 

Happy Thursday.




1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! And yes, it was said in a sing song voice as well. :)

    ReplyDelete