Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Jackson, I Hope


Dear Jackson,

I hope you always kiss me goodnight. Even when you're too old to kiss me goodbye in front of your friends.

I hope you always have this amazing imagination, and when you grow up, you do something with it.

I hope you are always starstruck when you see planes in the sky. I hope one day you know what it's like to fly.

I hope you tell your first love exactly how you feel, even if you're scared to death. She needs to hear it, and if you never say it you'll regret it.

I hope you're a romantic.

I hope you believe in love, and consider it something worth fighting for. That you understand a life without love is no life at all.

I hope when you have babies you can't wait to come home and hold them, especially after a really long day.

I hope you inherit your grandfather's love of old bookstores.

I hope you inherit my sense of humor.

I hope you listen to the lyrics of the songs you love, and read a poem once in a while.

I hope you open doors, and pull out chairs, and always call when you say you will.

I hope you come home from college to visit, and kiss me goodnight even then.

I hope you collect something odd, and cool in it's own weird way.

I hope you always march to the beat of your own drum, and never let anyone tell you it's wrong.

I hope your hair always sticks up in the morning the way it does now.

I hope you stand up for your sister, and go after the boys that make her cry.

I hope you know how much I love you. And never forget that you and your sister are the best luck I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment