Thursday, February 2, 2012

10:54 p.m.

Tumblr_lx54tc5t6q1r7c455o1_500_large

I wish I could tell you, 
When you wrap me in your tightest hug and I can feel your sweet breath against my neck
How much it means to me
I wish I could explain to you that the palm of your hand running the length of my spine
Awakens in me something sweet and soft that has long since been sleeping.
But in the moments when I am enveloped in your arms, strong as the cables that hold up bridges, and yet somehow unbelievably soft, 
Words seem to fail me and all I am left with to offer you is a contented sigh.
An exhale of all the tension and fear and insecurity and wordless anxiety from the days before this moment, here in a quiet house, alone with you.
Everything escapes me including my breath
And as it pours out onto your chest in a single drawn out sigh
I hope you know what I'm trying to say.
I hope you can hear the thousands of unspoken "I love yous" that this one moment contains.





No comments:

Post a Comment