1. I've come to sort of hate the Friday Diary, but at the same time I love it. It's a tradition, and I look forward to it. It's a weird contradiction.
I think I dread writing it because it's starting to feel forced...or maybe contrived...whatever it is it's not what I meant for it to be anymore, which was initially just a recap and a little journal of the small wonders that occurred in that week. Now I feel like I need to find shit on the internet, or come up with witty one liners to fill it up, and when it's done it feels disingenuous and I could care less about it.
I'd like to get back to what it was supposed to be....what it used to be....even if it might make it a little less interesting to anyone other than me.
2. I changed the design of the blog last week, and I actually really love it. This is probably the best it's looked to me since I started it. And I made the new design all by myself, including the header! I was pretty proud/up until 1 in the morning figuring it out.
3. I haven't been reading, or taking pictures, or writing, or cooking in the last week. We ordered Chinese food, ate cereal and popcorn one night, and I studied the back of a Girl Scout cookies box for longer than my cat though prudent. I don't know how to feel about this.
4. I want to go on a trip. Not anywhere fancy, or amazing, or even for a long time. Over night? A weekend? To Prescott or Sedona, or wherever I could get away to. Vegas would be good, but unrealistic for several reasons. I just want to go somewhere.
5. Last Thursday, my ex-good friend celebrated her one year wedding anniversary with my ex-fiance who I broke up with to get back together with Bill a year and a half ago. Last Thursday I was eating Easy Mac with my cat and watching Vanilla Sky on Netflix.