Sunday, February 24, 2013

5 Things That Are Probably Not Very Interesting, But Are On My Mind Right Now

Love the mood of this

1. I've come to sort of hate the Friday Diary, but at the same time I love it. It's a tradition, and I look forward to it. It's a weird contradiction. 
I think I dread writing it because it's starting to feel forced...or maybe contrived...whatever it is it's not what I meant for it to be anymore, which was initially just a recap and a little journal of the small wonders that occurred in that week. Now I feel like I need to find shit on the internet, or come up with witty one liners to fill it up, and when it's done it feels disingenuous and I could care less about it. 
I'd like to get back to what it was supposed to be....what it used to be....even if it might make it a little less interesting to anyone other than me. 

2. I changed the design of the blog last week, and I actually really love it. This is probably the best it's looked to me since I started it. And I made the new design all by myself, including the header! I was pretty proud/up until 1 in the morning figuring it out.

3. I haven't been reading, or taking pictures, or writing, or cooking in the last week. We ordered Chinese food, ate cereal and popcorn one night, and I studied the back of a Girl Scout cookies box for longer than my cat though prudent. I don't know how to feel about this.

4. I want to go on a trip. Not anywhere fancy, or amazing, or even for a long time. Over night? A weekend? To Prescott or Sedona, or wherever I could get away to. Vegas would be good, but unrealistic for several reasons. I just want to go somewhere.

5. Last Thursday, my ex-good friend celebrated her one year wedding anniversary with my ex-fiance who I broke up with to get back together with Bill a year and a half ago. Last Thursday I was eating Easy Mac with my cat and watching Vanilla Sky on Netflix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment