Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Friday Diary: a day early, and still almost completely useless

I just laughed so hard! @Victoria Brown Doss

Today the Friday Diary comes to you early, because honestly I am up to my lady balls in shit to do, between the kids, my full time job, and trying to get my photography business off the ground. 
So hi, it's not really Friday, but pretend with me ok?
Also I am off tomorrow, which makes it sort of Friday for me.
Sorry I'm not sorry.

This week has been crazy cakes, y'all.
I forgot, after shutting my doula business down almost two whole years ago, how much work it takes to get a small business going. 
I also happen to be testing the waters in a pretty saturated market.
Did you know there are over 1000 wedding photographers in Phoenix?
Of course they range in skill from absolutely shit, to unbelievably amazing, but still.
The absolutely terrible photographers are still booking weddings, and I am getting emails asking to haggle over $150 portrait sessions.
Seriously you guys, I  am offering you a fully personalized, BEAUTIFUL portrait session, and you want Walmart picture studio prices?
Face palm.
Anyway, I soldier on, in pursuit of a career that offers room for freedom and creativity, at the expense of non-stop hard work.
A girl can dream, anyway, right?

In other news. it rained a lot this week, starting with a full on down pour that woke me up Sunday morning.
It was raining hard and steady, and I languished in bed as long as possible listening to it on the window panes.
I love rain.

Lainie learned how to ride her bike with no training wheels, and she's a full on mobile kid these days, taking off on her bike as soon as we get home, and roving around the cul de sac until I force her to come in. 
Remember the first time you had wheels?
You can see her in action here

Anyway, that about wraps it up for the week.
Wish me luck on my new venture, and visit the other blog from time to time if you have an interest in photography.

If you could do anything for a living, what would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment