Friday, January 20, 2012

The Friday Diary pt. 5

Tumblr_lizdykopvs1qfke2io1_400_large

Happy Friday everybody!!!! 
As usual, let's have some boozy ice cream and round up the monotony that was my week....so that one day we can all look back and remember fondly that time I went to the dentist.

So this was a short week for me, having Monday off and all thanks to good old MLK. When you were little and you saw MLK Day on your school calendar, did you totally think it meant Milk Day, or was that just me? 
Anyway....

...

I've been listening to this:

Everybody's Free (To Feel Good) by Quindon Tarver on Grooveshark

Do you remember that song? It's the one that Juliet walked down the isle to in the 90's remake of Romeo and Juliet with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes. Absolutely beautiful song.

...

I've been hanging out at Costco eating free samples and sitting on the new couches they have there. P.S. when did Costco get couches?!
After I move I want this one:
532530_large
It was drool inducing comfortable.

...

I've been reading the book, P.S. I Love You. Considering the fact that I have seen the movie, you'd think I would know better than to read the book. And in case you were wondering, the book will make you cry way harder than the movie, and way sooner too.

...


I've been a little more hardcore this week about my diet than I was being before, but then I had a huge attack of ice pick like headaches Wednesday which only went away after eating bread. Turned out I had an inner ear infection. But for the two days that I thought it was from carb withdrawal, I started being a total asshole and eating absolute shit food out of rebellion. Last night I ate an entire box of Perogies by myself.
I fucking love Perogies. 

...
Since the New Year I've been super obsessed with getting organized. This is the year, I've decided. I'm gonna do it.  
My first project is going to be the kids room because that room makes me the itchiest. Once we move the kids will have their own rooms, and organization will be easier. Thanks to Pinterest, I have all kinds of neat ideas, starting with this one:

Pinned Image

They're Ikea spice racks used as bookshelves. Fancy that.

...

I've also been working on two new series that will be emerging this month: the 2012 photo challenge, which you can find details on in the tab above, and another one that will be called "Monday Momisms" or something like that. It won't necessarily be a weekly thing, because I'm not disciplined enough for that, but it will be entirely mom-oriented posts. Don't worry, no giveaways or contests, or obnoxious begging for you to vote for my kid in some stupid photo contest. Just stuff about being a mom. Stuff like the challenges that each of my children come with, getting organized, living on a budget, what being a single mom is like, and the occasional advice when I feel qualified enough to offer it, on how to make minion raising a little easier. The first installment is this Monday, so I hope you like it!

...

And last but not least, I leave you with this awesome video, thanks to Tales of Me and the Husband, inspired by Shit Girls Say:




...




2 comments:

  1. Love Costco samples! It's the best place to go for a cheap meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, girl, Costo in and of itself is a black hole of awesome, time wasting, belly filling amazingness. It's the most dangerous place for me to go aside from Target.

    ReplyDelete