Friday, April 20, 2012

The Friday Diary: Arrivederci

Tumblr_m0fqn4ze6w1r06qo4o1_500_large

Happy Friday everybody!
As you probably already know due to my excessive posting about the matter, this will be my last "live post" before I leave for Italy.
Everything you read for the next 9 days will have been scheduled out, to give you something to read while I'm away. 
It's like when your parents go out of town and leave you money for pizza to make for not being there to cook for you.
  Some Nights by fun. on Grooveshark

...

To be honest, this week was kind of exhausting. 
I'm glad it's over.
I usually try to make the Friday Diaries happy and uplifting, because it's FUCKING FRIDAY and that spells Awesome in any country.
But this week I am so so tired.
Family shit, work shit, house work, money money money and time. Never enough time.
Plus I attempted formal dress shopping on Sunday, and that's always a major hit to the ego when you're trying {and failing} to lose weight.
So while this Friday may not be the happiest and most bubbly of diary entries, it is one of quiet somber gratitude for the week being over, and my vacation being right around the corner.
Thank you for the good days, and thank you for the bad ones that make me stronger.
And thank you thank you thank you for Italy on Sunday.

...

Overheard this week:
Me: How do you know you'll love me forever?
Bill: I just know. That's like asking how you know you'll love bears forever.
Me: No, that's easy. They're bears. Bears can do no wrong. And they could never hurt me.
Bill: Did you really just say that BEARS could never hurt you?
Me: Well, emotionally. Besides, even if I got physically close enough to a bear for it to hurt me, it wouldn't. We're friends.
Bill: I literally can't believe the words that are coming out of your mouth.

...

Something to be happy about:
My super crazy cakes boss left town on Tuesday, and won't return until next Thursday, whilst I will be in Italy until Wednesday after next. Meaning we don't see each other for 15 days.
It's an April miracle, everybody.
{like a Christmas miracle, only without any presents afterward}

...

A First:
Lainie is going to Summer camp this Summer.
That's a first for her, and kind of a super huge deal for me that I can do that for her.
I've been a single mom for as long as I've been a mom, and affording things like food and electricity was always such a big deal that things like Summer camp and extracurricular activities were pretty much {sadly} out of the question. But I can totally do this for her this Summer, and I don't know who's more excited: Lainie to go, or me to see her face when she comes back.

...

Photos From The Week:

Hey, look who actually got ready for work....for once.

...

Playing in Mommy's bed

...

Saturday afternoon: Family fun day for my work at Crackerjax. It was unexpectedly freezing cold, and only one person from my work that I ever talk to showed up, but the kids had fun and I was completely worn out.

...

The Haps on Pinterest:
I like the look of old spools of thread in mason jars on book shelves and whatnot
One of the things I want to make for my house is cool looking mason jars with old vintage spools of thread in them.
I know, it sounds retarded. 
It will look awesome, I promise.

...


2 comments:

  1. I so envy you - but I am excited for you as well! Have fun in Italy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I keep waiting for Bill to be like "PSYCHE! Haha, we're actually just going to Tucson!" I don't think I'll believe it until I'm in Italy, drinking a peach bellini and people watching.

      Delete