Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Momisms: My Son Is Pregnant

For the last week my 3 year old son {who I feel like most of my posts about the weird shit my kids do are about} has been walking around the house, rubbing his belly and saying 
"I have a baby in my tummy"
He's been really curious about babies and pregnancy lately, asking how he was born and what it was like when he was in my tummy.
His questions are all really precious and cute, but they still catch me a little off guard because Lainie still  has never really asked about that stuff. 
I've heard her talk in bits and pieces about it, and we've covered some of the smaller more PG details, but she never came out and asked how babies are made, where they come from or any of that.
However, it's not like pregnancy and birth are new topics in this house.
During my stint as a doula and student midwife she heard plenty of birth and pregnancy talk, so maybe she just picked up most of what she wanted-and didn't want to know from there.
After all when some old guy in a grocery store said something about me having a baby in my tummy while I was pregnant with Jack, she got all in his face about how it was in my Uterus, NOT my tummy.
I digress.
So, Jack has been pregnant lately, and while it's cute, it's also something I'm super new to.
I have never heard of a little boy who made up an imaginary pregnancy, but I have seen plenty of little girls do it.
Hell, I was like always pregnant when I was little, and I had 5 imaginary kids before my 5th birthday.
{foreshadowing, anyone?}
I'm a little curious to see how Jack's teachers will react when he starts telling them about Cha Cha, his imaginary girl-fetus living inside his round little belly, which he keeps saying will "be borned next Sunday". 
He hasn't specified which Sunday, but two have passed since he started saying that, so I'm getting a little anxious to meet my first imaginary grandchild.

Let's just hope it sleeps through the night from an early age.



1 comment:

  1. This might be one of the funnies things I've ever read! At least he has a nurturing side to him haha

    ReplyDelete