Friday, May 4, 2012

The Friday Diary: Brought to You In Part By Jetlag

Tumblr_m38a8wrg8l1qgngb1o1_400_large

Today is Friday! 
I feel a tad sheepish being excited about it, seeing as how I only started working this week on Wednesday.
But fuck it, Fridays are awesome and it's ALWAYS something to be happy about.
So let's wrap this week up, shall we?
  Video Games by Lana Del Rey on Grooveshark

...

On this Day Last Year
Bill and I were getting back together for the second time.
If you've read the love story you know all about how that turns out.

...

Overheard This Week:
Jackson: Mommy how old is Papa?
Me: How old do you think he is?
Jackson: Mmmmm I think he's like...maybe 8?
Me: Yep, you're exactly right. He's 8.
Jackson: How old are you?
Me: How old do you think I am?
Jackson: I think you arrrrrrre.......10?
Me: Yes, exactly right. I'm 10.
Jackson: And I'm 3.
Me: Yes.
Jackson: Almost 4
Me: Yes.
Jackson: And Bill is 10 too, he's old like you.
Me: Sure.
Jackson: I just know everything {as he stares pensively out the window}

...

The Truth About Jetlag:


It's a sneaky bastard.
It can take days to catch up to you, or you can be on your ass for days on end right from the start.
And it fucks up weird shit, like your sleeping pattern will be fine but you'll be inexplicably hungry at super weird times, and not when you should be.
We flew in on Tuesday evening, and I went to bed at 9 p.m.
My body tried once or twice to wake me up at 3 in the morning, but I insisted on sleep and ended up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6 a.m. thinking everything would be fine.
EXCEPTOHMYGODI'MHUNGRY.
I was freaking starving.
I would've eaten just about anything you put in front of me.
So I ate my breakfast, which was totally normal sized, and went to work.
I proceeded to not be hungry again until 4, and then again at 8, and then be woken up by my hunger at 12.
And now, it's 4:23 in the morning and I am sitting up writing this, because I passed out at 10 without warning, and cannot find it in me to sleep another wink, which will cause my inevitable face down crash into my keyboard at 3 pm today.
Fuck you, jetlag.
Fuck you.

...

In Case You Were Wondering...
How getting Jackson to sleep in his own bed is going....


Well. Now you know.

...

Speaking of Jackson, look who got a haircut:
While Mommy was in Italy.
I almost cried when I saw it.
But he's saying he likes it, so I guess that's what matters.

...

Pinterest:

Pinned Image

...

Funniest Shit I've Seen All Week:


Happy Friday everyone.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your sleep pattern is all outta whack! Hope it gets back to normal soon. Have a wonderful Friday!

    ReplyDelete