Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Weeknight White Pizza



I love pizza.
I was actually super heartbroken when we went to Rome and I found out the pizza is miserable there.
Ordering pizza is absolutely dangerous for me, because if it's good, I will eat it until I feel sick.
It's terrible.
My all time favorite pizza, is a spinach tomato white pizza.
If you're a pizza novice, white pizza means no marinara sauce, but olive oil with garlic instead.
It DOES NOT mean Alfredo sauce instead of marinara. 
In order to keep us from going completely broke, I decided to make pizza at home instead of ordering it whenever possible.
This saved me money, but also forced me to find a easy way to do it, so we could still have pizza after work when I'm tired and lazy and don't want to wait for dough to rise, or a pizza to cook for half an hour.
And so, here is the way to do it.

I call it Week Night White Pizza.

What You Need:

1 roll of Pillsbury thin pizza crust which you can get in the same section as the crescent rolls and junk.
1 square baking sheet
Olive oil
minced garlic
mozerella cheese, shredded
1 large tomato
fresh spinach
basil, oregano and rosemary if you have it. These can be dried or fresh, whatever you have on hand.
A basting brush

Preheat your oven to 400 and spray your baking sheet with a little Pam
Unroll your pizza crust onto it, and gently spread out until it reaches each side of the pan
mix 1/4 cup (eyeball it) of olive oil, and 1 or 2 tsp of minced garlic in a bowl, and baste evenly onto the entire crust dough

sprinkle with basil, oregano and rosemary to taste, and a little cracked pepper and freshly ground seasalt if you have it. 


Precook the dough for 5 minutes.
When it comes out, baste with a tad more olive oil and garlic if it looks like the crust is dry and no longer shiny at all.
Sprinkle an even thin layer of shredded cheese
Throw some fresh spinach leaves on there
Throw some tomato on there
Cover with more cheese until there is as much cheese as you prefer
Bake for another 6 minutes {10 if you like a really crispy crust}





Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Form of: STEAM! I'm eating the leftovers RIGHT NOW and they are even better than the original. Seriously, I'm amazing in the kitchen. If I wasn't me, I'd date me JUST FOR MY FOOD.

      Delete