Friday, June 29, 2012

The Friday Diary: Goodbye June

Oa6mj5_large

So so, it's that time again. 
It's the end of yet another month in 2012. 
Can you believe it?!
I hate to sound cliche, but really, this year is flying.
I think I say that every year, and I mean it even more every year.
I guess that tells you something about getting older.
Anyway, let's wrap it up.

June feels like it went by so fast that I hardly remember any of it.
I guess that's a big part of why I love blogging: it's a time capsule of our lives. At any point I can look back as far as this blog goes and see where we were a year ago, or two years ago, and so on.

This month I:

Fell in love with Grey's Anatomy, lost a tragic amount of sleep watching it on Netflix, and made it my life's dream to find a best friend like Cristina Yang. I don't need to find a boyfriend like McDreamy. I already have one.
+
For the first time in 4 years, I made something that was neither food nor a baby. It was fun.

+
And I told you all about the Big C. I guess in regards to that, I owe you an update. It feels a little wrong and overly casual to say this in a post as silly and unimportant as the Friday diary {but how important are any of these posts, really?} but here it is: My dad's cancer spread more than they initially thought after surgery. The tests all came back showing that it has spread to his nearby lymph nodes, and he now has stage 3B Colon Cancer
He has to start Chemo immediately.

I promise at some point I'll stop being the Debbie Downer in the room who's always talking about people dying.
At some point.

Now, to lighten the mood, a couple pictures from my phone because I'm too lazy to take any nice ones.

Jackson watching a dust storm roll in.

The kids playing "camp out" in the hall by the front door. Don't ask me why.
And yes I do have boxes of shit I still haven't unpacked in my house, DON'T JUDGE.


Happy Friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment