Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Day After: An explanation and a thank you

Im learning this

First of all, I wanted to say thank you to the readers who sent me private messages asking if I was ok, and telling me if I needed anything they were there {Hi Nana}, after yesterday's blog version of a temper tantrum.
Second, I wanted to say I'm fine.
Yesterday was a bad day.
In fact, it was the third bad day in what started off as a miserable week.
Fights, anxiety, emotional outburst and uncontrollable neediness made for a very DONE Sarah, who had a choice between screaming if everyone's face and running away to Cuba, or blogging out her rage.
You're welcome to everyone I did not scream at.
I'm sorry to those of you that I may have yelled at...a little...in a....cute way?

Anyway, everything is fine.

Sometimes I forget what a community blogging creates.
Even if your readers don't comment on every single post, when they sense that you're hurting or in trouble, they always come through with a kind word or an email, or a virtual hug.
It's awesome.
I think we all love blogging and love reading other's blogs because it reminds us that we all have bullshit in our lives, we all fuck up, and we all have small little moments that are sweet, and good, and no matter insignificant they might seem, we all feel more real when we see those small life moments lived out by the bloggers we read religiously.
We recognize ourselves in their words, we see our families in their pictures, and we know we're not the only weirdos who photograph our food, or plan out the next months worth of posts, or stay up all night blog surfing.

In short, y'all are awesome.
Group hug.

xoxo
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. You hit the nail on the head with this post:
    "I think we all love blogging and love reading other's blogs because it reminds us that we all have bullshit in our lives, we all fuck up, and we all have small little moments that are sweet, and good, and no matter insignificant they might seem, we all feel more real when we see those small life moments lived out by the bloggers we read religiously."

    in one word? YES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Blogging is awesome. It gives a home to all sorts of orphans :)

      Delete