Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back to Work

library card catalogue

Today I go back to work, after eleven whole blissful days off.
I slept in, stayed in my pajamas for 90% of the time, and hung out with some very dearly loved people.
I also ate my weight in Christmas food, candy and whatever else I could find around the house. I feel heavy, but rested and happy and {mostly} ready to go back. 
The only thing really bringing me down about it is leaving my kids. I got so used to being here with them all day, playing with new toys, cuddling, napping and staying up way past our bedtime. The kids still have until next Monday before they go back to school, so they'll be lounging about, still living in the glory of Christmastime while I put on heels for the first time in 11 days and try to look presentable. 
Try is the operative word. 
Today is also the first day since the 21st that I've woken up before 9 a.m.
Let's just say I'm glad January is not the No Starbucks goal month.

Anyway, happy Wednesday, and wish me luck. 
I'll miss you, pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment