Wednesday, May 1, 2013

If anyone can turn birthday gifts for five year olds into an entire blog post, it's me because I ramble.


Jackson is turning five in 17 days from today.
{pause for a moment of grief filled sadness, mixed with WE FINALLY MADE IT OUT OF THE TODDLER YEARS joy}
I started looking for gifts for him over two months ago, and have still found nothing.
Well, that's not true.
I found tons of stuff.
Piles of stuff.
The problem is, it's all just. more. toys. and after the Lice Outbreak of 2013 which left me disinfecting our entire house and every toy in it, I'm in a NOMORETOYSEVERWEHAVETOOMUCHSHIT mood.
I know that's no fun for a little boy who is turning five, and it probably makes me legitimately the meanest mommy ever, but y'all, I am just so tired of stuff.
Stuff everywhere.
So much stuff I have to buy more stuff to have a place to put all our stuff.
UGH.
I thought about getting him a kitten of his very own, because he really, really wants one, but we like just got Wednesday, and she's just started to seem to feel at home with us.
I thought about getting him some more board games, because he likes those, but I don't want to be THAT MOM who gives her kids board games and socks as presents.
Something that gets him up off the couch and away from the T.V.
Something that gets him outside, playing with other kids.
Something that's somewhat useful and not just more. stuff.
I'm probably way over thinking a birthday gift for a five year old, but....that's who I am, let's be real.

What do you get your kids for their birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment