Tuesday, February 14, 2012

2012 Photo Challenge Week Five: Romance


Romance is a hard thing to take a picture of, because it means something different all the time. 
Romance is so many different things to me.
It's the way he holds my hand in the car when he drives. 
It's the way he always offers to get up and get me water when I say I want some just as we're laying in bed for the night.
It's the way he always texts me good morning.
It's the handmade gifts he gives me for holidays.
It's the sweet cards, and the texts, and the way he looks at me from across the room that makes me want to kiss him so bad.

How do you photograph romance?
How do you take a picture of the way someone makes you feel?
How do you capture on film the butterflies in my stomach and the swoony feeling I get when we kiss, or the way the scent of his skin makes my heart ache, or the way I feel like the prettiest girl in the world when he leads me through a room by the hand, and I can't help but smile like a fool?

The tenderness, the consideration, the passion, the love, and the constant unwavering devotion.
I don't have a picture of that. But I have a picture of the man who gives that to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment